Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Nawlins

I visited my brother in New Orleans last weekend and had a great time dining at Landry's and watching the fish jump up out of Lake Pontchartrain. Fun times. We toured around the city on Saturday and saw a very sad part of town, the Ninth Ward. It still reminds me of a third world country. House after house was either gone, leaving only a foundation, or the frame was still their but the roof was caved in and all the belongings gone or washed away. Street signs washed away or stapled to a tree. Then, there were a few houses with people still living in them. I pray for those folks peaking out of their modest, very humble homes from the screen porch and I love them. Christ loves them and weeps over the city. We should too. Oh that we would see the healing waters of love and acceptance and grace and mercy flowing over the city - that the city would well up in revival. With God, all things are possible.

No comments: