Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Dancing Shoes

It's hard to find a good pair of dancing shoes. I searched two weeks ago for the perfect pair and after 3 days of traveling from store to store on my lunch hour - determined I was going to find the right shoe or die trying - I walked right into a store and there they were. On my last attempt, I found the perfect shoe and my friend and I went dancing that very night.

Learning to dance is a lot like learning to relate to someone. I liken it to relating to God. He wants lead - but will I follow? He says stay close to me but will I wonder? He says pay attention to me but something else catches my eye. Someone should write a book about it. I sing "Where He leads me I will follow" but do I really mean it? As we get closer to someone and have experience knowing them, it is easier to get into a rhythm. Some don't even want to put on their dancing shoes for fear that they'll get their toes stepped on. Sometimes He does but only to make us more like Him and a better dancer!

No comments: